Thursday, January 7, 2010

Botswana Bound - Cancelled


So I have decided to start one of these blogs as a way of keeping everyone up to date with my happenings in Botswana and thought that I should start.

Yesterday I was scheduled to leave Pearson International Airport at 9:05pm. It was a hectic morning, finishing off MA applications, last minute stop for some extra socks and underwear and a trip to the hospital to say bye to my Baba (grandma) who is not doing so great these days.

Nonetheless, I got it done and was on my way to the airport and arrived exactly 3 hours before my departure time as an obedient traveler to walk into the terminal and check the screen where beside my flight was a blinking word 'Canceled '. Great! So off to the counter to find out what to do. Im advised to call British Airways directly and get rescheduled. Turns out England received a little to much snow for them to handle (cough 2 inches cough) NOTHING!!!! Canada couldnt have handled!!! Anyways, lines were busy for a while finally got through today to learn that I will now be leaving on Monday with an added stop over. Toronto - Chicago, Chicago - London, London- Johannesburg and finally Johannesburg - Gaborone...I will get there wednesday morning!!! Its going to be fun times!!!!

I have to say though, that I am not that upset, I have a few more days to relax and make sure I've got all that I need one more time and say bye to a few more peeps.

So thats it for now, just a short intro to the blog thing....just getting a feel for it. I will be sure to update once I actually leave Toronto.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the beginning of a grand adventure. And just think, once you get over there, nothing will go as planned... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start to your Blog Pavlo!....looking forward to your future entries!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete